Our consultant endocrinologists handle all aspects of Endocrine diseases, including, but not limited to, diabetes, thyroid, adrenal, pituitary, male and female fertility, sexual disorders, growth and puberty disorders, metabolic disorders including obesity, cholesterol, bone and calcium disorders. Endocrinologists also manage tumours of hormone producing glands like thyroid, pituitary, adrenal glands etc, and will help guide and oversee definitive therapies of these tumours, including advising before surgery and their long term follow up. They continue to closely manage endocrine conditions in women during pregnancy. In House dieticians and diabetic educators assist the physicians in providing a comprehensive care for the patients
Diabetes Services provided by the Endocrinology and Diabetes department include:
- Comprehensive care for adults and children who suffer from Type 2 and Type 1 Diabetes. Even if the diabetes may appear well controlled, our endocrinologist will offer a comprehensive annual review for you and offer your usual doctor any advice on how to modify your care if necessary.
- Management of Diabetes in pregnancy and also during the period leading to the pregnancy to ensure optimal control before conception (pre-conception service).
- Diabetes education for patients and healthcare providers.
- Insulin pump management and training and continuous glucose monitoring (CGMS).
- Nutrition consultation, body fat analysis and diet advice for Diabetes and Weight loss.
- Assessment and management of diabetic foot problems.
- Annual Funduscan for early detection of diabetes eye disease and evaluation by a retinal specialist, if required.
- Monitoring for other diabetes related complications like diabetic kidney disease.
- They also offer screening tests for pre-diabetes and will include a robust regime to reduce the chances or delay the onset of diabetes.
The Department also provides care for patients with Endocrine disorders in children and adults including:
- Thyroid gland disorders, Pituitary gland disorders, Adrenal, Testis & Ovary diseases.
- Ultrasound of thyroid and ultrasound guided biopsy of thyroid nodules.
- Pituitary gland disorders, including pituitary tumours.
- Growth and pubertal developmental disorders.
- Metabolic bone diseases including Vitamin D deficiency , Parathyroid gland disorders and Osteoporosis.
- Evaluation of women with hormonal disorders resulting in hirsutism (excessive hair) and menstrual disorders.
- Evaluation of people with electrolyte (salts) disorders including sodium, potassium, calcium and magnesium.
- Evaluation for endocrine causes of obesity and high blood pressure.
- Dynamic endocrine testing is done when required.