Here you can learn more about the latest technological advances practised at each department in Al Zahra, the gamut of services offered and the doctors specialising in each department.
Cardiologists on our regular staff manage all types of cardiovascular conditions.
Acute cardiac care is provided in the hospital's Intensive Care Unit where thrombolytic therapy for myocardial infarction is readily available.
Stress is also laid on educating the community on the preventive aspects of cardiac problems by means of regular seminars and discussions and special cardiac fitness assessment packages.
Outpatient & Inpatient services:
- Non-Invasive cardiac Lab: ECG, Exercise stress ECG, Echocardiography & Doppler, 24Hr ECG holter, 7-day ECG monitoring (holter) & 24hr BP monitoring.
- The Latest C.T. angiography, Precise Dual Energy quantification (384 Slices).
- Nuclear Medicine myocardial perfusion scans and facilities for reviewing angiography cine films.
- Diagnostic cardiac & coronary arteries Procedures
- Coronary angioplasty
- Peripheral angiogram & angioplasty
- 24Hr coverage for consultant emergency cases including emergency (primary) coronary angioplasty
CARDIAC CATH LAB:
Our Cath Lab provides elective and emergency cardiac Cath Lab procedures around the clock.
- Invasive diagnostic and therapeutic coronary, cardiac and peripheral procedures
- Pacemakers and defibrillator implantation
- Epidural injections
- Intra-vascular ultrasound
- Fraction Flow rate measuring
- Nephrostomy tube insertion
- Temporary pacemaker implantation
- Uterine fibroid embolization
- Intra-aortic balloon pump
- Drainage tube insertion