Here you can learn more about the latest technological advances practised at each department in Al Zahra, the gamut of services offered and the doctors specialising in each department.
Cardiothoracic & Vascular Surgery
The Department of Cardiothoracic & Vascular Surgery at Al Zahra Hospital runs a comprehensive cardiac care program that includes Cardiac Surgery, Vascular Medicine, support services as well as state-of-art diagnostic services. Our hospital is equipped with state-of-the-art Cath labs, operation theatres, and several other cardiac care technologies.
At the heart of the cardiac care program is a team of outstanding Cardiothoracic and Vascular specialists who blend expertise and experience to deliver patient care with matchless sensitivity.
The surgeons in the department are highly qualified, experienced and trained in reputed institutes.
The department provides treatment for conditions like heart defects, congenital heart disease, pulmonary heart failure and coronary artery diseases
Our cardiac surgeon performs state-of-the-art minimally invasive and traditional operations for the full range of cardiac diseases and conditions including:
- Conventional Coronary Artery By-pass Grafting (CABG)
- Complete artery grafts Coronary Artery By-pass Grafting (CABG)
- Endoscopic Atraumatic Coronary Artery By-pass (EACAB) using Robot
- Coronary Artery By-pass grafting with Mitral Valve repair or replacement
- Coronary Artery By-pass grafting with Aortic Valve repair or replacement
- Minimally invasive mitral and aortic valves repair and replacement
- Conventional mitral and aortic valves repair and replacement
- Surgical care to patients with thoracic aortic disease both in the urgent (acute dissection) as well as elective setting (chronic aortic aneurysms)
- VSD and ASD surgical and interventional (Cath lab) procedures.
- Transcatheter aortic valve implantation (TAVI)
- Minimally invasive surgical Atrium Fibrillaton treatment
- Mitral Clip