Here you can learn more about the latest technological advances practised at each department in Al Zahra, the gamut of services offered and the doctors specialising in each department.
Dentistry, Orthodontics, Dental Implantology & Oral/Maxillofacial Surgery
The dentists and surgeons in this department are reputed for their expertise in a wide range of sophisticated dental, oral, and facial procedures, including aesthetic and implant dentistry as well as the management of facial deformities and facial fractures .
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgical procedures are performed at a specialized level, providing high level evidence-based practice and accepting referrals from all over the UAE and abroad for patients of all ages, including the medically compromised ones. Many difficult cases end up at the dental department at Al Zahra Hospital Sharjah. We are known for our professional liaison with dental and medical colleagues who refer their patients for an expert opinion or for the management of a difficult condition in the mouth or jaws. Informed consent is always sought before any surgical procedure.
The Prosthodontists and the Restorative Dentists are very popular and always happy to provide pain-free dental solutions with lasting healthy smiles. Their clinics are strictly Mercury-free, where state of the art white fillings and Porcelain veneers and crowns are standard treatment.
Orthodontic treatment for mal-aligned teeth, and jaws is provided for children and adults alike. The practice of interceptive orthodontics help to diagnose and treat orthodontic conditions at a more suitable age to reduce appliance need and/or treatment duration. The Orthodontists also works in close collaboration with the surgeons for patients requiring Orthognathic surgery or those with impacted canines or tongue and lip ties.
Services offered at the Department of Dentistry and Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery:
- Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery: removal of all impacted teeth including difficult wisdom teeth, enucleation of jaw cysts, Treatment of soft and hard tissue injuries and fractures of the face and Jaws, Tumor resection, facial deformities including orthognathic (corrective jaw) surgeries. Jaw Joint diseases or Temporomandibular Disorders are managed conservatively and surgically if needed.
- Prosthodontics: Full mouth rehabilitation, Crowns, bridges, Lumineers, Partial and Full dentures, Full ceramic bridges and crowns on implants.
- Conservative Dentistry: White fillings for front and back teeth, and aesthetic veneers
- Aesthetic Dentistry: All kind of ceramic veneers, Whitening for vital and root-treated teeth.
- Orthodontics: Visible and Invisible Braces, Fixed and Removable Orthodontic Treatments.
- Endodontics: Root canal treatment for front and posterior back teeth. Also, apicoectomy and periapical surgeries are referred to the surgeons if needed.
- Periodontics: Treating gum diseases and routine oral hygiene and care.
- Pedodontics: Children of all ages are treated under local and/or general anesthesia. Children with special needs are also managed in the department.
- Implantology: routine and complex cases requiring sinus lift and bone augmentation.
- Radiology: Digital intra-oral and extra- oral (panoramic and cephalometric ) X rays are taken as part of pre and post-operative assessment of cases.