Here you can learn more about the latest technological advances practised at each department in Al Zahra, the gamut of services offered and the doctors specialising in each department.
Goals and Description of Service
- We are committed to consistently deliver health care of International Standards of Quality and Safety by achieving excellence in clinical expertise, community health involvement, up-to-date technology and gentle healthcare with a Healing Touch.
- Operating 24 hours, including weekends and public holidays we strive to reduce patient crowding and provide customer satisfaction
- The AZH Emergency provides comprehensive and quality emergency services to adult and pediatric patients admitted to the department
- The department is able to provide rapid resuscitation, stabilization and transfer of critically ill patients to various facilities within and outside the hospital. The department also receives and assesses direct admissions to the hospital including patients to be shifted to Cathlab or Intensive Care Unit within the hospital.
- Emergency staff are specialized emergency healthcare providers who have advanced experience and qualifications. The qualifications of staffs include:
A. Consultant Emergency Medicine
B. Specialist Emergency Medicine
C. Specialist Family Medicine
D. Emergency Physicians (GPs with emergency medicine experience)
E. Registered Nurses
F. Healthcare Assistant
The main Emergency Department is situated on the ground floor of building A and has an observation unit at the 5th floor of the same building for fast track services and observation services.
- Admission procedure based on admission criteria
- First aid for patients who visit the emergency which falls under exclusion criteria
- Handling and attending all cases with all age groups based on Canadian Triage Acuity Scale
- Minor surgeries including but not limited to suturing of wound chest tube insertion, incision and drainage.
- Handling of critical cases such as Cardiac Arrest, Heart Attack, Asthma and other Respiratory diseases.
- Health education during and after patient care or discharge
- Response in any disaster as needed
- Management of Allergy, Intolerance and Adverse Reaction
24 Total Bed Capacity
- 7 Observation Beds with Wall Unit (O2, Suction, and Air)
- 8 Observation Beds without Wall Unit (O2, Suction, and Air )
- 1 Resuscitation Bed equipped for Advance Cardiac Life Support
- 2 Resuscitation Beds equipped with Cardiac Monitor
- 2 Procedure Rooms for Minor procedures
- 2 Fast Track Beds
- 1 Isolation Room with Wall Unit (O2, Suction, and Air)
- 1 Acute Bed with Wall Unit (O2, Suction, and Air)