Here you can learn more about the latest technological advances practised at each department in Al Zahra, the gamut of services offered and the doctors specialising in each department.
General & Laparoscopic Surgery
Our consultants in the Department of General Surgery perform a variety of more than eight hundred different operations covering all aspects of this specialty. One of them is always available on-call for emergency surgery. Minimally invasive (key-hole) laparoscopic surgery is offered on a regular basis. The consultants are adept at advanced techniques for hepatobiliary and pancreatic conditions, as well as for disorders affecting other abdominal viscera. Laparoscopic surgery for gynaecological conditions affecting the uterus and ovaries is also offered.
Excellent theatre facilities and post-operative care have resulted in one of the lowest infection rates anywhere. Shortened recovery periods and early mobilization enable patients to return to normal activities in the least possible time.
Surgical Specialties include:
- Minimally invasive (key-hole) laparoscopic surgery to treat diseases such as: Gallstones, Hernia, Appendicitis, Intestinal and colorectal tumors and incisional hernia.
- Latest VAAFT set (Fistula scope) a Minimally invasive surgery for treatment of anal fistula (Video assisted anal fistula treatment)
- Laparoscopic surgery for gynecological conditions .
- Pediatric surgery including Neonatal problems, Urology and Traumatology
- THD Trans Anal Hemorrhoidal De Arterialisation for piles with no wounds
- Tummy tuck (Lipectomy)
- Endocrine surgery: Thyroid & Parathyroid surgery
- Breast surgery
- GIT Endoscopy: diagnostic & therapeutic
- Endoscopy: BIB Intragastric balloon & PEG (percutaneous Endoscopic Gastrostomy)