Here you can learn more about the latest technological advances practised at each department in Al Zahra, the gamut of services offered and the doctors specialising in each department.
Obstetrics & Gynaecology
The Obstetric Unit consists of a special labour and delivery suite. Each of its four well-equipped rooms has a gas delivery system for pain relief during labour, advanced foetal monitoring and post-delivery neo-natal resuscitation facilities.
Epidural analgesia is offered. A paediatrician remains in attendance for complicated and Caesarean Section deliveries, while a Special Care Baby Unit handles premature infants or those requiring special attention.
Out-patient services include pre-conception counseling, Parent craft classes, Infertility clinic, and comprehensive antenatal and postnatal care. It is one of the few centers in the UAE that offers amniocentesis for detecting foetal abnormalities.
AZH’s Obstetrics & Gynecology Department offers the following range of services:
- Prenatal counseling
- Antenatal counseling and follow up
- Care of pregnant women from early pregnancy until delivery
- Postnatal Services, Contraception and Cervical Smear
- IUD insertion & removal
- Infertility & reproductive disorders treatment
- Abdominal and vaginal Hysterectomy
- Diagnosis and management of heavy and abnormal vaginal bleeding
- Management of abnormal cervical smear (Pap smear)
- Colonoscopy, treatment of pre-invasive lesions of the cervix
- Diagnostic and Therapeutic Laparoscopy / Hysteroscopy
- Repair of Uterovaginal Prolapse
- Transvaginal ultrasound / Sonohysterogram
- Treatment for Ectopic Pregnancy