Here you can learn more about the latest technological advances practised at each department in Al Zahra, the gamut of services offered and the doctors specialising in each department.
The department deals with all aspects of urological disorders. The consultants have a special interest in the management of disorders related to Prostate disease, Uro-oncology, Female Urology and Paediatric Urology.
Laser surgery and Laparoscopic and Endoscopic urological procedures are routinely performed.
A recent addition is that of the Holmium:YAG Laser for the ureteroscopic fragmentation and removal of all kinds of urinary stones.
This safe and effective procedure allows rapid cures with minimal stay in hospital. Excellent results have been obtained in the patients treated so far. This laser is also used for the treatment of urothelial tumours in the kidneys, ureter, bladder or urethra, skin lesions such as penile and perianal warts, prostatic enlargement, and strictures in the ureter and urethra.
The sub-specialty of Andro-urology, dealing with issues of male impotence and infertility, is also a feature of this department.
Facilities are available for cavernosometry, cavernosography, penile blood pressure measurement, and urodynamic and other studies required for the management of these disorders.
AZH’s Urology / Andrology Department offer the following range of services:
- Extracorporeal Shockwave Lithotripsy: A non-invasive treatment for Kidney Stones
- Ureteroscopy and Laser stone fragmentation
- Stress Urinary Incontinence: Treatment options range from training of the pelvic floor up to the most modern Surgical Interventions on / within one day care basis
- Erectile Dysfunction
- Male Fertility
- Premature Ejaculation
- Penile Incurvature: both Peyronie´s Disease and Congenital
- Sexual Dysfunction Treatment
- Testicular Lumps
Prostate Enlargement Unit
- we offer the Green Light XPS system (180 watt) providing excellent ablative and haemostatic properties with minimal risk for our patients on a short term care basis