Dr. Maha Shahin
Dr. Maha Shahin completed MBBch (Hons) (Gold Medalist), Master Degree in Obstetrics & Gynaecology and MD in Obstetrics and Gynaecology from the Faculty of Medicine, Cairo University, Egypt. She is a Professor of Obstetrics & Gynaecology in Cairo University since 2007. She is a Fellow of Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists from Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists, London, United Kingdom (FRCOG). Dr. Maha has also completed Diploma of Faculty of Sexual and Reproductive Health (DFSRH) from United Kingdom & Diploma in healthy diet and medical nutrition from Oxford College, U.K.
Dr. Maha Shahin’s extensive experience in the field of Obstetrics & Gynaecology spans for more than 20 years as a Consultant, Obstetrics & Gynaecology and Professor of Obstetrics & Gynaecology in several prominent hospitals in the United Kingdom & Egypt.
Dr. Maha Shahin’s areas of expertise includes Caesarean sections (both elective and emergency), Obstetric operative techniques (Instrumental deliveries, Twins & breech deliveries and Repair of Perineal tears), Major and minor operative techniques (Hysterectomies, Repair operations, Laparoscopies and Emergency Laparotomies), Adolescent and Pediatric Gynaecology and Aesthetic Gynaecology.
Dr. Maha Shahin is an affiliated member of following:
- Member of the Egyptian Society of Experimental Medicine
- Member of the British Society & Maternal and Fetal Medicine Society
- Member of the Egyptian Fertility Society
- Member of the International Society of Ultrasound in Obstetrics and Gynaecology (ISUOG)
- Founding Member of the Faculty of Medical leadership and Management (FMLM)
- Member of the British Society of Adolescent and Paediatric Gynecology BRITSPAG
Dr. Maha Shahin has numerous researches & publications in the field of Obstetrics & Gynaecology and she has attended and presented several presentations & conferences.
Dr. Maha Shahin speaks Arabic, English & French.