Dr. Nadeem Akhtar
Dr. Nadeem Akhtar completed his undergraduate studies (MBBS) from University College London Medical School. He was awarded am MRCS (Edin) in 2000, followed by a Fellowship from the Royal College of Surgeons (FRCS) in Plastic surgery in 2017. Dr. Nadeemalso obtained a Certificate of Completion of Training (CCT) in Plastic Surgery in 2014.
Mr. Nadeem Akhtar work experience in Plastic Surgery training as a registrar at a number units including the Sheffield Teaching Hospital NHS, The University of Nottingham Teaching Hospitals NHS and University Hospitals of Leicester NHS Trust. Having obtained a CCT in Plastic surgery he underwent further training at the World renowned Cancer Centre, The Christie Hospital as an Oncology and Microsurgical fellow. He also undertook 2 Aesthetic fellowships firstly at The Cardiff Clinic, Wales and a second prestigious aesthetic fellowship in the World renowned “The London Clinic”.
Dr. Nadeem Akhtar’s area of expertise include:
- Trauma: Upper and lower limb trauma. Burns and burns reconstruction. Hand fracture fixation. Tendon repair and tendon reconstruction. Digital revascularisation and replantation.
- Cancer: Skin and Sarcoma Cancer ablation and reconstruction. Head and Neck Reconstruction. Breast reconstruction. Abdominal wall reconstruction.
- Aesthetic Surgery: Body contouring procedures including abdominoplasty, upper limb reduction, thigh reduction, breast reduction, torsoroplasty. Breast Augmentation. Browlift and facelift procedures. Coleman fat transfer procedures. Rhinoplasty. Prominent Ear Correction
- Non Invasive Aesthetic Surgery: Botox and Filler.
- Management of complex wounds and their reconstruction.
Dr. Akhtar has worked as a consultant in the NHS in the UK and also in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
Has been involved in a variety of publications both in the UK and the US. He has articles published in Plastic Reconstructive Journal (PRS), Journal of Plastic Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery and the British Medical Journal. He has presented at both National and International meeting and won prizes which have included the prestigious and inaugural prize for Best Scientific Paper from the British Association of Plastic Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeons.
Professional experience: 21Years.
Languages spoken: English, Urdu, Punjabi & Hindi.