Dr. Yusr Saadi Jaafir
Education & Fellowship
- MbChB Baghdad 2001. MSc cancer studies university of Leicester 2008. PG Dip advancing healthcare practice open university 2010. DRCOG London 2013. DFSRH London 2014. MRCGP 2014. CCT 2015
Dr Yusr graduated from the university of Baghdad in 2001 where I worked as an intern doctor for 2 years.
Dr Yusr moved to the UK with my husband and daughter in 2004 where I had a very interesting journey to settle and explore the academic side of medicine. I attained my master degree after which I worked in respiratory research in the university of Leicester. I started my medical training again in 2010 and finished my GP training in 2015.
Dr Yusr managed to gain valuable experience in managing women health problems, psychiatric problems, general medical illnesses, recognizing medical and surgical emergencies , ENT, dermatology and child health problems.
Dr Yusr had valuable experience in managing chronic conditions like diabetes and its complications, respiratory, cardiac , gastrointestinal and thyroid illnesses.
Dr Yusr use NICE (national institute of clinical excellence UK) guidelines to inform my practice as it is evidence based and makes sure that we do our best to the patients.
Now, about me, I am a very approachable person, chatty and enjoyed nice relationship with my patients and colleagues.
- Resident doctor in Iraq.
- Research technician in University of Leicester
- Foundation year 1 and core medical trainee doctor
- GP trainee doctor in Leicester
- Salaried GP Markfield medical centre
- Locum GP in Leicester until mid December 2015.
- Fluent in both Arabic and English