- In ReLEx SMILE, the Femtosecond laser is used to create a lenticule in the inner layers of the cornea.
- The Femtosecond laser is able to penetrate the surface of the cornea without any cutting involved or causing any damage to the surface layers.
- A small, micro incision (3-4mm) is created at the side of the cornea.
- The lenticule that was created earlier is gently removed through the small micro incision made.
- With the lenticule removed, the cornea shape is altered, which also changes the power of the eye.
Dr. Sandip Mitra
Dr. Sandip Mitra is Consultant and Head of the Department of Ophthalmology at Al Zahra Hospital Sharjah. He has performed more than 10000 refractive procedures, 30000 cataract surgeries, and 10000 corneal grafts.Read more
- Painless, fast and comfortable.
- Fast recovery.
- Excellent vision quality.
- Less dry eye.
- Retains natural corneal strength.
- Noise and odour free.
Recommended for those who:
- Prefer the idea of having a bladeless, flapless, and minimally invasive method of surgery.
- Want to have lesser eye discomfort after treatment (thanks to the small incision size).
- Want to preserve as much of their original corneal strength as possible.
- Want to preserve as much corneal nerves as possible.
- Require an alternative to ASA or Femto-LASIK.
- Have thinner corneas.
- Have dry eyes .
MAKE AN ENQUIRY OR APPOINTMENT Talk to us today
Whether you need a simple eye exam, or a complex eye surgery, rest assured that our highly skilled team of ophthalmologists and optometrists will be here to attend to your needs. Call us today, we are here to help!